Tuesday 21 October 2014

Reading List #1


I don't know about you, but I love to read. Especially if what I'm reading is full of vegan recipes! I've got so many cookery books that they have their own bookcase! I thought it would be fun to start a feature on Floral Frosting all about vegan stuff I've been reading.

I'm starting off this series with a triple whammy of vegan reads - a magazine, a cookery book and a zine!


I was super excited when this magazine caught my eye at my local health food shop! I occasionally buy Vegetarian magazines but am often disappointed at their lack of vegan recipes, so how exciting is it that the UK now has a 100% Vegan lifestyle magazine!? 

Vegan Life Magazine is jam packed with interesting recipes, articles and information about everything vegan! The first issue had lots of Asian inspired recipes, an interesting article about the ethics of keeping your own hens and shared a list of the top 10 Vegan Cheeses for a wine and cheese night! At the moment you can get a yearly subscription for less than £15!


I'm always on the lookout for new cookery books (even though I have so many!) And when I found out that Áine of Pea Soup Eats had written a vegan cook book I knew I had to have it! Áine is an incredible cook and her book Keep It Vegan is jam packed with delectable recipes for everything from Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins to Butternut Squash Macaroni Cheese! 


I'm fairly new to the world of 'zines', and Reap What You Sow is actually the first zine I've ever bought! Written by the super talented Abigail Stevens, a journalism graduate who works for The Vegan Society, this zine is perfect for new and old vegans alike. The first edition is particularly great for non-vegans or new vegans, as it explains lots of basics about veganism (it includes a list of non vegan E-numbers which I have found really helpful) and has plenty of great recipes for things like simple vegan Mayo and Fried Seitan 'Chicken'. 

I'm really excited about the future editions of this zine, especially as I will be writing a lot of the recipes for it! You can buy the first edition for only £1 here.


What have you been reading recently? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed both the zine and vegan life magazine, I'll have to check out the cookbook too.

    ReplyDelete