Sunday 14 December 2014

Gingerbread Spiced Pancakes


You may have noticed that I haven't blogged anything for a while! Well that's because I've not been able to eat much that's worth blogging as I'm pregnant again! However this morning I thought I would make a nice breakfast for my husband and I, and after the Christmas Crafternoon yesterday I'm feeling very festive so I whipped up these Gingerbread Spiced Pancakes!

These pancakes are fluffy, soft and lightly spiced with sweet ginger. 
Perfect for Christmas morning!


Gingerbread Spiced Pancakes
Serves 2

1 1/2C plain flour
1 1/2tsp heaped baking powder
3/4tsp ground ginger
2Tbsp heaped brown sugar

2Tbsp oil
2Tbsp gingerbread syrup (optional)*
1 1/2C almond milk

Cooking spray for frying

Gingerbread Syrup, squirty soy cream & gingerbread sprinkles** to serve

In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and whisk vigorously until a smooth, thick batter forms. 
Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Drop the mixture in 1/3 cups into the pan and let cook for a couple of minutes, the pancakes are ready to flip once there are bubbles on the surface. Flip over and cook for a further minute. 

Stack the pancakes on a plate, drizzle with more Gingerbread Syrup and serve with some squirty cream and some cute gingerbread man sprinkles!

*I used Monin Gingerbread Syrup
**gingerbread sprinkles can be found on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment