Friday 19 June 2015

Fluffy Fudge Brownies


I'm pretty picky when it comes to brownies. Over the years I've had trouble finding a recipe I really like, one that ticks all the boxes for me. So I decided to experiment and have come up with my own! These brownies are soft, slightly cakey but still dense and fudgey. They are perfect for cutting into squares and don't fall apart when you eat them. Oh, and they're packed full of chocolate!


Fluffy Fudge Brownies
Recipe by Charis Mitchell
Makes 12

1 1/2C self raising flour (or plain flour + 2tsp baking powder)
1C sugar
1Tbsp, heaped cornstarch
1tsp baking soda
1tsp, heaped espresso powder
1/2tsp salt
1/3C dark cocoa powder
1/3C dark chocolate chips, melted
1/3C vegan butter spread, melted (or vegetable oil)
1 1/4C almond or soy milk
1C dark chocolate chips, divided

Preheat the oven to 150/325.
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients. Put 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients mixture into a small bowl with 3/4C of the dark chocolate chips and mix to coat before setting aside.
Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the melted dark chocolate chips, melted butter or vegetable oil and milk and mix with a whisk until the batter is very smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips that have been mixed with the tablespoon of dry mix and spread the mixture into a greased brownie pan or foil tray. Sprinkle over the remaining 1/4C of dark chocolate chips and bake for 20-25mins. When done the brownies should be crackled but firm on top, but still have a little bit of jiggle underneath when shaken. 

Leave the brownies to cool in the pan completely before cutting into 12 squares. To keep the brownies deliciously moist I wrap them individually in cling film and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge. They last about a week.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks amazing! Definitely trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like perfect brownies to me which is something that's super hard to get right. I wish I had an oven right now!

    ReplyDelete