Sunday 17 January 2016

Christmas 2015


Better late than never, that's what I say! I've been meaning to write about the Christmas Crafternoon and just general Christmas-y stuff for weeks and weeks, but the lead up to Christmas was mad, and since Boxing Day both boys have been ill, or teething, or ill...So here I am, mid-January, writing about Christmas stuff! Hey-ho!


The Christmas Crafternoon is always one of my favorites of the year. I love Christmas, and everything it entails, so of course I went all out for our December Crafternoon. 



Like last year we decorated Gingerbread Houses, although this year I made things a LOT less stressful for myself by buying them rather than making them from scratch! (I found accidentally vegan ones in my local Tiger store!) I put them together with burnt sugar and stuck them to place-mats I covered with brown parcel paper. I made some Aquafaba Royal Icing and popped it into piping bags ready for everyone to use. We all brought sweets and sprinkles to decorate the houses, and we had a lot of fun!




It was amazing how different everyone's Gingerbread Houses turned out! Everyone's individual styles came through, which was fantastic! We also had such a lovely, relaxed time just chatting, listening to Christmas music and drinking peppermint hot chocolates! 


I'm really looking forward to Januarys Crafternoon which takes place in a couple of weeks time! I can't wait to see my ladies again! 


This year I decided to order some Christmas Cards with a photo of Hal & Ezra on them, which I thought was a fantastic idea and shouldn't bee too difficult. Well let me tell you, getting a photo of a very active 18 month old and a 5 month old both smiling (or just not crying!!) was a nightmare! Eventually I settled for the above photo - I didn't want Hal to have his dummy in his mouth, but it was the only way we could get him to stay still (albeit momentarily!) Although I must say, if ever I feel down all I have to do is look through the hilariously awful 20-odd photo's we took and I can't stop laughing! Here's my favorite awful one!


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment