Wednesday 13 May 2015

A Trip to Rochester // Baby on Board



A few weeks ago I visited Rochester for the day with two of my best besties Olivia & Nicola. We had a fab day pottering about charity shops, drinking tea and having girly chats! Is there anything better!? Notonthehighstreet recently sent me some of their new 'Baby on Board' collection - they've collaborated with Transport For London to celebrate being the official sponsors of the Baby on Board badge and have created some beautiful products for pregnant ladies! How funny is the cute greetings card they sent me!?

One of the products they gifted me was this brilliant shopper bag. I decided that my trip to Rochester was the perfect time to try it out. I filled it with all my day-trip essentials, including my rather chunky camera and a big bottle of water and we set off for a day of girly fun.



I'd never been to Rochester before, and I was overwhelmed by how cute it is! There was even bunting all down the highstreet! (They must have known I was coming!)

I've never seen so many cute vintage, charity and odds and ends shops in one place before! It was heaven for someone like me!



I can never resist a sewing shop! I love looking at pretty colorful fabrics and buttons and imagining the craft projects I could use them for.



Every shop we went in was filled with beautiful bits and bobs - it was amazing! My favorite shop of the day was definitely Hendersons, a little quirky shop selling gifts, cards, jewelry and vintage odds and ends. I picked up some lovely vintage Tupperware bowls for 50p each - score!



We popped into the sweetest little tea room called Fleur de Thé for a cuppa and a wee rest (you have to take a lot of breaks when you're this pregnant!) I completely fell in love with every piece of china and cutlery in this place, and you can actually buy the teacups, teapots and even the beautiful spoons in store! I had a pot of green-peach tea and it was really yummy!



We had a wonderful time and even though I was carrying around quite a lot of rather heavy things in my shopper bag I have to say it didn't feel heavy at all! The straps are nice and wide so they distribute the weight evenly on your shoulder, so it's a really comfortable bag to use. It's also nice and big so you can fill it with all your bits and bobs and there's still room for any bits of shopping you pick up while you're out and about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment